Sunday, 5 August 2012

A Blog for Tomorrow



                As I had come across the word “internet” for the first time, I had just imagined it as a place to play games and other recreations I loved to visit.  I did not know anything else pertaining to such site to the extent comparable to what I already can perceive about it in the present.  But as I learn more about it, I’m beginning to understand how it really changed the way we live.
                It started last year that I began to be a part of the Internet when we learned about its history, contents and a lot of others.  This year, my learning grew as I burrowed deeper into it.   Then I came across another word called “Blog”- a user-generated website where you can put various stuff such as essays, pictures, videos and others that can be viewed by almost anyone.  I learned almost everything about it, from creating your own account to publishing your own works.  I really find it enjoying especially when you see that someone read your work online and someone might even “follow” you.
                Even though I can already walk my way through that website, I still encountered a lot of problems that hindered me for quite some time.  Like when I just finished creating my account, I didn’t know what to do after.   The website looked like a screen of nothing but words that I never really understood.  Some terms were pretty unclear to me and adding friends to my account was even harder to do than I thought.  Another is when I was editing my blog’s appearance.  It took me a very long time to figure everything out and make my blog satisfying to see.  I even scratched my head several times before I could have come up with a solution.
                In order for me to resolve those given matters, I had to discover and familiarize myself with every detail that would have helped me in the said process and with the very helpful aid of our lessons; I was able to figure them out.  Right now, I really like the way my blog is turning out and I would thank my teacher in ICT for all the help.  I never experienced such excitement before like letting the world see my own work.  It’s like I’m an author of my own website.
                 Still, it’s not enough that I now know much already about my blog so that’s why I have to study more about it and study it harder.  Moving on I will try my best to master the Internet.  Knowing how it works and eventually, knowing how to work it.  Starting with a simple blog such as this, I may accomplish my aspiration because I truly know that it will help me in my own future.

No comments:

Post a Comment