Saturday, 4 August 2012

The Philippine Status Report




I’ve been in a state of doubt since our current president, Benigno Simeon Cojuangco Aquino III, ruled over our country for the past two years.  Now, why would I possibly feel this way? It could be that I’m not satisfied with his work or maybe there’s nothing to be satisfied about.  Whatever the reason maybe, I know one thing.  I’m just a common student who knows very little about the political aspects of our country and it would be preferable that I should not be judging anything or anyone within it.  That’s why I’m not really into this kind of stuff but I’ll try to continue anyway.
I said earlier that I doubt the skills of our president being a good leader and that was before his 3rd State of the Nation Address or famously known as a president’s SONA.  Due to the fact that during those years, I haven’t notice anything change nor improve in our country.  It felt like the earlier years during the past administrations where we suffer the wrath of every problem we might not have encountered if everything went on smoothly as planned.  At that time, I really thought that President Aquino was no different from them.
Last July 23, 2012, I then read the 3rd SONA of our president because I wasn’t able to watch it during its official live broadcast, and I was even surprised to hear the words that came out from him.  I finally realized it that he had done so many things that he even had the guts to compare every accomplishments and improvements he was able to achieve to the past administration.  Truly, a lot has changed.  But I still question one thing, is the real problem that has been pulling our country to its feet already amongst his accomplishments?  I certainly do not know the answer but I know that our president will just figure it out eventually.
As I said, I might have been in doubt for the last two years but I’m already starting to believe that our president since 2010 and continuing, can achieve that one thing our society vitally needs.  Indeed, thank you sir for starting the progress of our own country and sorry for doubting you as well sir.  I do hope that the Philippines will continue soaring as high as the heavens and shall it be the brightest star among others and this kind of dreams would only be a part of reality if we all walk hand-in-hand under your true leadership President Aquino.

No comments:

Post a Comment